Monday, May 6, 2013

FashFest 2013


Canberra has style

Attending the Canberra Fashfest on Saturday night was an amazing experience as my first fashion show. The atmosphere was over flowing with well-dressed people, booming sound and an interesting location in cold weather. I had front row seats with my little goodie bag waiting for me. 

It was wonderful, I completely forgot about the cold weather the minute those collections went down the runway. All the designers had great taste and the models worked the clothing and styling, which was quite out there.

Some of my favourite designs were those from Corr Blimey, who I thought had a fascinating take on heavy coast and making them look light and fresh and I loved their pants.  I also loved Scarlette colour blocking ideas, my favourite design was their two toned shorts and in the Aperiodic show I really liked the architectural details that were incorporated into her designs. The other designers on display were Ule, M&TM, Materialbyproduct, Shekudo and Mont.

Altogether the night and the festival was inspiring and a great set-up for Canberra designers, I can’t wait to go again next year and see what they have lined up.   

Thanks to the Fashfest media team for sending me through the photos for my blog.

Corr Blimey
Corr Blimey


Scarlette

Corr Blimey
Corr Blimey


No comments:

Post a Comment